Thursday 25 June 2009

When It All Just Falls Into Place - the longest and bestest blog entry yet!












Quite clearly I was meant to leave the house today. I have had an infected/inflamed gum for nearly a week now. I made an appointment with the dentist on Tuesday however was told my dentist was sick and wouldn't be back until Thursday. Thursday came and I went to work for a morning's worth of training but sadly the dental clinic called and said I would have to reschedule for tomorrow as the dentist was still sick. Ho-hum. So I had to take the day off today which was not so ho-hum.

We do not have a dentist in town so I have to travel to Castlemaine which is about 25 minutes away. I went to the dentist, he confirmed what I knew and prescribed me some antibiotics (which I dont like taking but that is another blog entry in itself).

I then went for a wander down the street as I felt I needed a new pair of boots. (I have a job interview next week which -if successful - will change the lives of Mr. S and I quite dramatically - good and bad but again, that is another blog). First I thought that another lovely pair of Doc Martens would do the trick but I really needed a good pair of dress boots that are somewhat ladylike and rather smashing at the same time.....then I laid eyes on these babies. $130, leather, hot diggerty and my size - you beauty! 20% you say? Even better. While I was in the shop, the lady commented the ring I was wearing (Manca Un Bottone of course) and asked if she knew me from somewhere. When I stated that I actually made the ring and I was from Daylesford she said she did in fact know me and saw me at the Maker's Market. She then asked if I had been to the button shop in town. BUTTON SHOP IN TOWN? WHAT BUTTON SHOP IN TOWN?? WHY DO I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS AND HOW COME SOMEONE HASN'T MENTIONED THIS SOONER!!!!!!!!!!???????

So off I toddle to Number 8 Templeton Street, Castlemaine. There I found Habadash and all my Christmas' had come at once.

Plastic buttons, glass buttons, wood buttons, metal buttons, vintage buttons, buttons on cards, buttons in bags, buttons in tins, buttons in baskets, buttons in drawers, buttons in frames, buttons in books. Buttons.

ALL
FOR
SALE

Two hours later I walked out with a new friend called Sonia (who is FANTASTIC!) and a bag full of buttons. Wait til I show Mr. S, he will be so so pleased. I also purchased the two prints which I am refusing to take out of the plastic until I find a very special spot for them. They are by Kate Greenaway who was a children's author and illustrator in the late 1800's. Sonia tells me that some clothing buttons were actually inspired by her drawings. I will investigate and report at a later date.

So after spending a large quantity of cash (which was a heap of fun and worth every cent) I decided it was best I made my way home. Not before stopping at Castlemaine Organics and checking out their produce. Another $30 gone and a bag full of goodies to munch on. What a fabulous day. Probably the best I have had in a very long time....and to think, if I hadn't have had a gimpy mouth non of it would have happened.

2 comments:

  1. Such a great story. Yah for gimpy mouths that result in fabulous shopping sprees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete