Saturday 11 April 2009

Thou Shalt Not Get Fat!


Today Mr S. and I went on a little road trip. Firstly we stopped off in Clunes as I heard a lovely rumor that there was a man in an antique store who was selling lots and lots of buttons. We got there quite early, checked out the scene and decided that we were long overdue for a coffee. Sadly the sign stating 11am-4pm weekends on the Antique shop's front door was a lie and the shop was not going to be open until noon. Ho-hum.

So while I poked my head in the window searching for some sort of button evidence I spotted an old monk cookie jar.

My Nanna who sadly passed away a number of years ago was the proud owner of this exact same cookie jar. I squealed excitedly at Mr S. stating that we must come back for this as I have been searching for one the same for a very long time. Suprisingly he was just as excited as I was(probably because this meant we may be able to indulge in round two at the local lolly shop) and agreed that we should head off to our next location and return after lunch.

So off to Ballarat we went with the hope we would have all our shopping done in time to drive BACK to Clunes to fetch Nanna's monk and discover the fabulous world of vintage buttons...

Sure enough after battling through the crowd at Bunnings, filling up with fuel, stocking up at Aldi (my first real Aldi experience - wasn't that impressed to be honest) and having a bite to eat we headed back and I scored the monk for a cool $35! In all the excitement I forgot about the buttons I had originally set out to find and was on my way home before I gave them another thought!!

Mr Monk is now sitting up on the top shelf of my display cube with full view of the kitchen...waiting to have his belly filled...probably not with cookies though...

No comments:

Post a Comment