Thursday 19 March 2009

V8 Vegetable Juice...










While I am talking about getting creative I might put it out there that I am in the process of designing our vegetable garden.
For 12 months I have been ready to dig up the yard, lay the bricks and get down and dirty however there was a process that needed to be followed...and I had to be paitent while my wonderful Mr. S took care of the important stuff including....
1. The shed floor getting concreted.
2. The guttering and downpipes being replaced on the house and shed.
3. The weather cooled down so Mr. S could spend hours upon hours measuring and planning and discussing the type of fence we put up around our yard and when this was going to take place.
4. The actual fence being put up - which may I add is still in the process of being finished.
5. Any other 'urgent' matter that needed attention in order to stall the vegetable garden process.

In the middle of this we were evacuated due to the bush fires and with no fire plan or fire fighting equiptment our fencing/vegetable garden/water tank/chook yard budget was again set back due to having to buy a generator and other fire defending implements.

But now things are looking up. I imagine that by the time the remainder of the fence is erected, the bricks are picked up (yes - I found the bricks I want 6 months ago at a very cheap price, they are just waiting for a certain Mr. S to go and pick them up!) and the old fence material is removed I may be out digging my patch by the middle of July, just in time for flu season.

I have decided on a circular brick garden divided into 4 quarters. I would love to have a beautiful centre piece in the middle of the garden and think I may have to check out the fine work of the local husband and wife designers at Overwrought.
http://www.overwrought.com.au/





I would be interested in hearing anyone else's designs and ideas...there is nothing like changing your mind at the last minute.





No comments:

Post a Comment